Founded in 2001, AWG Private Chefs an event-driven chef for hire company, has quickly become the global leader in the private chef service, bespoke dining, personal chef service, luxury vacation chef, and boutique micro event catering spaces.
We are proud to have two Certified Master Chefs on our staff! This prestigious title involving many years of extensive training and practical experience is presently held by less than approximately 200 chefs worldwide. Our private chef service and personal chef services have grown from our local community in the San Francisco Bay Area and Sonoma & Napa Wine Country Regions in Northern California where we began over twenty years ago, to now being able to offer full-service in over 35+ countries around the world.
AWG Private Chefs was founded because there is a deep-rooted need for people to feel comfortable, relaxed, welcome, and pampered in their private dining experiences. Our team of highly skilled personal chefs, private chefs, concierges, and hospitality service professionals have a combined experience of over 135 years in the private chef, catering, beverage service, hotel & restaurant management, public & private client luxury concierge service, event planning, and large corporate event industries.
Our unwavering commitment to quality customer experience, dedication to excellence in service and client experience, and above all, a driven passion for what we do, allows us to deliver the best events & private chef dining experiences for you, our clientele.
About Our Award-Winning Chefs & Service:
We have received several coveted awards and special legislative recognitions by heads of state, the Governor of California, Fiona Ma, Diablo Magazine, Expertise.com, The Golden Gate Business Association, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Former San Francisco Supervisor, now State Senator Scott Wiener, and numerous business & culinary industry associations both domestically and around the world.
For an astounding third year in a row, AWG Private Chefs has again been double award winners of Best Caterers and Best Personal Chefs in San Francisco for 2019, 2020, and 2021 by Expertise.com! We are humbled, and continue to thank you so much for this ongoing honor!
AWG Private Chefs was voted Best of the East Bay Caterer in 2021 by Diablo Magazine, and was runner up for 2020.
Certified Master Chef Sean Andrade is our Executive Chef & Chief Executive Officer. Chef Sean is a globally recognized private chef who has been serving Fortune 500 executives, celebrities, and sports figures at their many residences, villas, offices, vacation estates, private jets, and yachts around the world for over 20+ years.
In addition to his personal chef and private chef work, Chef Sean Andrade enjoys cooking in many different venues and restaurants around the globe. He continues to focus his globally inspired styles of cuisines utilizing many different custom-tailored flavor profiles as well as styles of unique domestic and international food preparations, to keep his menus fun, fresh, and always tasty. In addition to being behind the scenes in the kitchen, Chef Sean enjoys teaching hands-on and virtual cooking classes, food and wine pairings, as well as travel abroad with a chef multi-day culinary immersion experiences across the globe.
Further adding to his passion for great food and beverage excellence, Chef Sean also has a great palate for wine, and is a Certified Sommelier, wine educator, wine competition judge, Certified Sherry Wine Specialist, and avid wine collector.
Chef Sean continues to provide Consulting Executive Chef services in both the upstart new venue arena, as well as providing critical restaurant rescue consulting services, assisting owners and fellow foodservice operators of troubled or failing restaurants to recover, rebrand, and become once again successful and profitable in their food and beverage service operations.
Certified Master Chef Michael Ryan is our Executive Pâtissier (Pastry Chef). Chef Mike has earned both his savory and pastry degrees. Chef Mike entered the private chef industry directly as a graduate with honors, from Le Cordon Bleu San Francisco.
Both chefs bring their own unique sense of food and a deep-seated passion for service to your table. Together, this dynamic duo can create virtually any menu you may dream of. Our chefs continue to create memorable specialized dining experiences for Fortune 500 executives, heads of state, both foreign and domestic, celebrities, and most proudly members of our own community!
AWG Private Chefs Reviews & Kudos
Awards, Press Coverage & Media
- 2016 AWG Private Chefs named "Best Private Chefs in California"
- 2019 AWG Private Chefs named "Best Personal Chefs & Best Caterers in San Francisco
- 2020 AWG Private Chefs named "Best Personal Chefs & Best Caterers in San Francisco
- 2021 AWG Private Chefs named "Best Personal Chefs & Best Caterers in San Francisco
- Featured in Article 12-21-2020 "10 Unexpected Ways to Use Your Stand Mixer"
- 2020 AWG Private Chefs named runner up for "Best Caterer in The East Bay" by Diablo Magazine
- 1-2020 AWG Private Chefs releases Radio Commercial featuring "Easy, Effortless Entertaining"
- Press Release: 1-7-2021 "AWG Private Chefs takes the double win for “Best in San Francisco” award for a third consecutive year, despite the pandemic nearly destroying the events industry"
- Featured in Article 2-2021 "A Beginner's Guide to White Wine"
- Featured In Article 2-15-2021 "How To Keep Supporting Your Local Small Businesses During COVID-19"
- Featured in Article 2-23-2021 "Chefs Share 10 Best Air Fryer Recipes"
- Featured in Article 3-20-2021 "How to Make the Perfect Beef Stew According to A Master Chef"
- Featured in Article 4-25-2021 "7 Pieces of Ugly Cookware Chefs Can't Live Without"
- June 2021 Award: AWG Private Chefs won Best 2021 Caterer by Diablo Magazine
- January 2022, Award: AWG Private Chefs wins "Best Personal Chefs & Best Caterers in San Francisco by Expertise.com